The MSc programme in Global Forestry is a two-year outstanding integrated programme aimed at qualifying graduates with the diverse careers in forestry in medium and low-income countries.
Through an outstanding, research based education, graduates will gain the required competencies for working with global forestry issues:
- a firm theoretical foundation
- practical and international experience
- openness to foreign cultures.
These are all competencies needed for working as a researcher or in tropical forest practice, e.g. with a development agency, consultancy company, NGO, international organisation, ministry, or governmental agency. Successful students will also be able to apply to high-level international PhD programmes.
Benefit from an international, cutting-edge educational scheme
The programme’s innovative features encompass:
- joint teaching of all students during their first semester through teacher mobility
- the combination of theory and field work, including in medium and low-income countries
- use of technology in teaching (pure e-learning as well as blended learning) across a wide range of modules; use of associate partners as internship hosts during thesis work
- support to achieve all specified learning outcomes through a wide range of teaching methods and assessment methods to cater for different student working and learning styles
- mobilisation of cross-consortium teaching resources in delivery of jointly taught courses.